Here at SimpleandSweet.cz , Ukraine holds an exceptional place in our hearts.
While we are based in the Czech Republic, we have done a lot of development in Ukraine and have become close friends with many Ukrainians over the years. The current situation has us all very concerned over the safety of our friends and their families and the safety of all Ukrainians. If you are like us, you might feel a bit powerless to do much.
After talking to our Ukrainian friends about what we could do to help besides just making internal donations, we've decided to place a trusted and vetted link on our page that links directly to one of the best resources on how to help. If you can't afford to make a monetary donation, there are still many other options to help. You will find this link at the top of our web page when you open our e-shop or click below.
Also, if you'd like to add a similar donation link to your website but don't know how to, feel free to reach out to us, and we can try to help. Some websites don't allow for this, but most do. In addition, we'd like to share direct links to some of the volunteer organizations that help Ukrainian refugees:
- People in Need provides humanitarian aid to over 200,000 people on the ground. They provide food packages, emergency shelter, safe access to drinking water, hygiene items, and coal for heating for those most in need.
- The Ukrainian Red Cross does loads of humanitarian work, from aiding refugees to training doctors.
- The International Medical Corps is on the front lines and prepared to help citizens with emergency health care services and mental health and psychosocial support. The agency also keeps the pandemic top of mind throughout the crisis by prioritizing COVID-19 awareness and prevention services to help keep displaced citizens safe from the pandemic.
- CARE International responds to the crisis by providing Ukrainians in need with food, hygiene kits, psychosocial support services, access to water, and access to cash.
- Nova Ukraine is a nonprofit that delivers aid packages to Ukraine with everything from baby food and hygiene products to clothes and household supplies.
- UNICEF Ukraine is repairing schools damaged by the bombings and providing emergency responses to children affected by the conflict.
- UNHCR , the UN Refugee Agency, has stepped up its operations and is working with governments in neighbouring countries, "calling on them to keep borders open to those seeking safety and protection."
Thank you for reading this, if possible, for helping.
The whole SimpleandSweet.cz team